Monday, August 16, 2010

The First Day(s)

Well to start off, had a great trip that took two hours less then what was thought on my way up to Wisconsin. I have my dad's driving skills. After I made it, I was quick to get settled in, helping out in whatever way I could.

Sunday was a great first day of ministry observation, as I helped out with setting up church as well as meeting a few of the young adults and teens that attend. I ended up going out to lunch with two of them and the Mills family. After that, Jacob and me worked on a two song set for worship for the Axis/Elevate bible study that night, which went great. (Despite only having one other Young Adult show up besides for the two I met earlier.) I then spent today driving around Kenosha with Jacob as my tour guide as we hit all the cool places to hangout when there is nothing to do. Was an overall great first two days here in Kenosha Wisconsin. Enjoying myself fully and already being handed things to do that will help out with the Mills and the Church of the Redeemer Midwest campus. I expect for great things to come to this Church of the Redeemer campus.

On a side note, me and Jake have decided that once Chris gets back, and I find a way to get a hold of drums, we will start a band. This could still be a few months away though.

1 comment:

  1. You have a snare. I bet there's a pawn shop or second hand instrument store where you could at least buy a kick drum and hi-hat for cheap.

    ReplyDelete