Friday, September 10, 2010

Settling In

So, I've been hard at work as I've been planning two events for the Youth here in Kenosha County. Two events have already been lined up. Burger King on Bobby. (This is more of a chance for all of them to meet and get to know me.) The other will be more of a Party of sorts. (Plans are still being made, as I still uncover my budget for it.) I have also begun to work with Osmar of Campus life here in attempts to get to know students better. Osmar has been dedicated to helping me out. My plans are to now reach out to those that I do know well by going to them during their lunch periods at school.

Surprisingly, I found that despite being such a small church, there is a massive amount of talent within. Three of the students that I know all have such strong suits in either dancing, drawing, or singing. I may have to try to find a way to push them to use their talents.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Bobbio! I am glad to hear that all is going well for you in Wisconsin!! =) I got the chance to talk to your Mom last Wednesday at church, she came up to me and was updating me on your journey thus far. It was nice getting to talk to her as she is so sweet! That is awesome that God is opening up more doors for you in Wisconsin! What a blessing it is that you get to work with Osmar so that you can get closer with the students and really start to build strong relationships with them!! God is good! Anyway, I hope your two events go well and I'll continue to lift you up in my prayers. Take care!! =)
    Numbers 6:24-26
    "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

    ReplyDelete