Monday, September 27, 2010

Breathing Room

Well, I had my first event with Elevate Wisconsin on Sunday, "Burger King on Bobby." It turned out really well then what I thought it would. I had eight signed up and I took eight, just not the full eight that signed up originally. They enjoyed it very much, even had a lot of them carry on the the "after party" with music and Halo played in the basement of the Mills' House. For the most part, the rowdy bunch that I had kept it to a minimum for the most part. They all enjoyed it very much, and it continued on to an event that I never panned on going to, but since the majority of them wanted to go, I decided to take them.

Propaganda, a hip-hop/rap artist was performing at Immanuel Baptist Church, and since I know the Youth Pastor there, I took my few students to the event to enjoy it. (Pastor Andy invited all of the youth groups in the area.) I ended up enjoying it a bit more then the students did. Pastor Andy loved seeing me there, and I enjoyed seeing his youth group at work.

I had the chance to tell them about who I am, where I come from, and what my plans are for Elevate Wisconsin in the coming years. They all seemed to take to me, but I don't have my hopes up yet. I have spent a lot of time talking to them to figure out more about them and what I'm getting myself into. I can't wait to see what God will do here in the next few months. They are all excited for the next upcoming event which will be October 22nd. "Red October." I hope to have graphics for it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment